We can provide free SSL Certificates from Letsencrypt.
Most of our customers use these, they work as good as Comodo or RapidSSL certificates.
If you want to show your company name in the address bar of the browser, you need an EV Certificate.
To be able to get an EV Certificate, the official name of your company must exactly match the owner of the domain name.
If the domain is used for another country than the home country of your company, showing your official company name in the address bar may have an opposite effect, because visitors will see the company behind the domain is outside their own country.
Add a domain to your Letsencrypt Certificate
1. Make sure we are available
Make sure we are available when you plan to modify the DNS of the domain. During normal office hours this shouldn't be a problem. If the domain you want to change is currently not in use, this is not so important, we can update the SSL certificates the next working day.
2. Update the DNS
- Check the current TTL (Time To Live) of the DNS records. For a live domain, also check the www subdomain.
- Set the TTL of the DNS records to 300 seconds
- Wait the time of the previous value of the TTL to make sure the DNS is no longer cached anywhere.
- Update the DNS of the domain to the IP of the hosting account.
For live domains we recommend to make sure the www subdomain is a CNAME pointing to the main domain.
- Check the DNS is resolving to the IP of our server
3. We can now add the domain to your SSL certificate
Ask us to update Letsencrypt for your hosting account.